go back to the previous page
'Graham Dunlop is very thorough and considers all the angles' (Legal 500, 2013); he is 'experienced in planning inquiries and hearings.' (Legal 500, 2014).
Year of Call: 2009
Devil Masters: Jonathan Brodie QC; Frances Connor
Qualifications: BA (Hons) University of Strathclyde; LL.B. (University of Glasgow); Dip.L.P. (University of Glasgow); LL.M Construction Law (University of Strathclyde)
Graham was a solicitor for over 10 years prior to calling at the bar. He has worked in both private practice and local authority. Immediately prior to calling Graham held the post of Principal Litigation Solicitor within one of Scotland's largest local authorities. He has particular experience in planning, property, employment, licensing, bankruptcy, building standards, environmental, personal injury, and rating.
Graham has successfully conducted a number of planning inquiries and hearings. He has appeared before the Inner House, Outer House, and Commercial Court in the Court of Session. He has acted as defence and prosecuting counsel in the High Court. He has experience of advocacy in Fatal Accident Inquiries, Proofs, Debates, and Appeals in the Sheriff Courts. In addition he has appeared in Employment Tribunals, Adjudications and Valuation & Rating Appeals.
Graham is a member of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators and a member of the Faculty of Advocates Dispute Resolution Service (FDRS).
- Advising and appearing as Junior Counsel in a CPO Inquiry for a Hotel Development in Glasgow City Centre.
- Advising and appearing at a Public Inquiry in respect of a Certificate of Appropriate Alternative Development on Land North of the M80.
- Appearance and submissions at a South Lanarkshire Planning Committee Hearing on behalf of developer of a Major Retail Development.
- Advising the Developer in a Planning Permission Appeal for development within Dundee City Centre.
- Advising and appearing at a Planning Hearing for a residential housing development within Mount Ellen Golf Course.
- Advising and appearing on behalf of the Planning Authority in a Sheriff Court Appeal against CPO of Listed Buildings, in the Highlands.
- Advising and appearing at a Public Inquiry for a proposed residential development in Uddingston, Lanarkshire, contrary to the Development Plan.
- Advising and appearing at a Planning Hearing for proposed mixed use leisure and residential development in North Lanarkshire.
- Advising Planning Authority on development of a listed building and planning conditions in Fife.
- Advising and appearing in the Commercial Court in respect of a disputed schedule of dilapidations.
- Obtaining Reduction of a purported disposition.
- Advising on joint property dispute and obtaining interim interdict in the Court of Session.
- Obtaining interdict and removal, under the Court of Session Act 1988, of a large settlement of travelling people from a business park in Aberdeenshire.
- Advising on Division and Sale of heritable property subject to a liferent.
- Advising a developer of a former hotel and retail units of maintenance liabilities and burdens.
- Advising and preparing proceedings in the Court of Session for removal of an executor.
- Advising owners of property on the enforceability of title burdens under the Title Conditions (Scotland) Act.
- Appearance at Debate and Sheriff Court Appeal against an application for an Anti-Social Behaviour Order.
- Advising and appealing to the Court of Session, various decisions of the Additional Support Needs Tribunal for Scotland.
- Advising and appearing at an Employment Tribunal in respect of a sex discrimination claim.
- Liquidation proceedings in the Court of Session (including appointment of a Provisional Liquidator).
- Advising and appearing in the High Court for recovery of monies under the Proceeds of Crime Act.
- Advising and appearing on behalf of an accused in the High Court on charges under the Misuse of Drugs Act.
- Various advice and involvement in property damage, personal injury (including industrial diseases), and professional negligence claims.
go back to the previous page